ACBO is a professional association for optometrists operating in a specialised field of practice. It was founded in 1987 and is a not-for-profit with a volunteer Board of busy professionals who all have their own businesses to run.
ACBO did not have a dedicated secretariat or staff, all systems & processes were handled manually and Board members had limited time to devote to running the 300 member association. This limited the growth and development of the organisation. It was acknowledged that there was a burning need to set up a secretariat and employ staff to run the association, which would free up the Board to develop the College. In 2009 the Board appointed Veronica to this role, and the oganisation began to flourish.
Following detailed consultation and analysis of the College’s needs, Janet Pearson constructed a website tailored to deliver to these requirements. They included:
- Membership management (joining & renewing)
- Online education system
- Event calendar & management
- Online shop
- Online member directory
- Journal download system
- Newsletter & email system
As a result of automated systems being put in place, this busy organisation is able to be run by only 1 full-time staff member.
- Membership of the organisation has risen by nearly 20%.
- Very little staff time spent on the joining & renewing process.
- Great demand for online education.
- Record conference enrolments, with no ticketing or payment management headaches
- Sales in the Online Shop add over $50,000 to the bottom line each year, with no outstanding debtors!
IT’S A WIN FOR EVERYONE
Happy members can transact online, access education & information from any location
The Board can now focus on their real roles… guiding the origanisation without the need to get involved in the day to day running of the College
The executive staff can spend time engaging with members and adding value to the organisation instead of licking stamps.